Tuesday, September 2, 2008

EIGHT YEARS DOWN ETERNITY TO GO

This is Kyle and I eight years ago.  We thought we knew everything, but really we had know idea what was ahead of us.  We recently just celebrated our anniversary and it got me thinking about how I became Ellen Houghton.  We definitely shocked everyone when we started dating.  People would do a double take when they saw us together.  I remember being at a bridal shower and the girls there were talking about how Kyle was dating someone new and could you believe that he wasn't marrying his high school girlfriend.  I just sat there and didn't say a word.  I wasn't ready to say that I was the new girl.  A while back I handed my debit card to a cashier and she looked at it funny and said, "your last name is Houghton" and I said yes.  She was confused because she thought that I had married someone else.  It is funny to think about how surprised everyone was but truthfully I think Kyle and I were more surprised than anyone.  Neither one of us had each other in their long term plans of life but here we are eight years and three kids later.  I feel very blessed for what I have.  I am very lucky to have Kyle in my life.  He takes his role as husband and father very seriously.  I continue to look forward to what the upcoming years will bring. 

2 comments:

Dustin and Jamie said...

I just found your blog through Johannas. Your family is darling. In May I saw Kenedee at Mt Loafer practicing for her program and I said that has to be a Houghton, and my mom said she was your daughter. She is so cute! We have 3 too. It is so much fun. Congrats on the 8 years. I too was surprised at the beginning. You two look happy together!

Genuine Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Kyle, Ellen, Kenadee, Conner and Ethan