Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Baby Isn't a Baby

This is Ethan just a few minutes old.
This is him at age one.  
This is him right now at age two.  I know everyone says it, but time really does fly.  Ethan turned two years old on May 2nd.  He has officially graduated from being a baby.  (even if it is hard for me to accept)  All he wanted to do for his birthday was to go golfing.  Kyle took him to the putting green and you would have thought that my little Ethan was in heaven.  I wish that I could bottle his sweet innocence and keep him this way forever.  I think that the hardest part of being a mom is knowing that you have to let your kids grow up.  It is a joy to be Ethan's Mom. 

8 comments:

jenae nae said...

ellen- you are in trouble- you didn't tell me you had a blog- now i can stock you! ha ha- tell your kids hi- we can't wait to see you soon!
jenae

Shelley Reid said...

That is so cute he loves golfing! Darren always tells me he wants our kids to love golf because you can play it forever (or at least for the rest of your life!) I can't believe Ethan is two! He is so cute, we need to get together soon -

Nicole said...

Ellen,
I feel bad we didn't see you guys before we left, it was a little crazy~ I am sending Ethan's birthdaypresent soon! My email is nicole.houghton@hotmail.com we can keep in touch that way too! Good luck with everything. your blog is darling! Love Nicole

Alisa said...

Hi Ellen,

This is Alisa, Kyle's cousin. I found your blog on Nicole & Todd's. I'm so excited that you guys have one too! Ours is private so I'll have to get your email address from Merilee or Nicole & I'll send you an invite.

I love the picture at the top of you & Kyle and the one on the side of your 3 kids walking hand in hand. Beautiful family!

Richins Family said...

Hey Ellen,
Wow Ethan is getting big. It's amazing how much kids change in just a few months. Hope you are all doing good. Tell the kids that we said hi and give them a big hug and kiss from us. Nicole helped me set up a blog. kyleangelarichins.blogspot.com
We love you and miss you all.
Love,
Ang

Christiansen Clan said...

We just found your blog. It is great. We love seeing pictures of your family. Give our best to the Houghton clan out west. -Brian and Amy

Camille Jensen said...

Hi Ellen! I'm Kyle's cousin Bryce's wife (ya probably know that one already) lol Bryce has already passed on the golf obsession to both of our kids. You have very cute kids by the way...

Richins Family said...

You need to update your blog for me!!!!! haha

Kyle, Ellen, Kenadee, Conner and Ethan